Thursday, October 1, 2009

Writing and then writing some more...

I hope I don't get writer's block, sometimes I think it may happen. It came close to happening early on when I sat for like 3 to 4 hours without getting through the first paragraph of a story I was doing. So far so good, it hasn't hit me too much.

I did a story recently at Camp Slayer on some Soldiers taking a tour of Saddam's palaces and Ba'ath Party headquarters that were hit by U.S. bombs in March of 2003. One of the palaces was run by the son of Saddam, Uday.

The wreckage was striking, pardon the pun. It was easy to see how Saddam saw himself. He was a dictator no doubt, his image and name show up all over. I will try to get some pics posted soon.

I've been focused lately on some articles dealing with Humvee maintenance, we've covered air conditioning, windshields and air filters so far. They seem to be received well.

Also, saw my first fotos on yahoo.com, they were a set of 3 from the services of Rosh Hashanah at Camp Victory.

It's October, yeahhhhhhhh!

No comments: